PABLO Escobar’s long-lost son has signed a publishing to tell the extraordinary story of his life.
Roberto Sendoya Escobar is an acclaimed artist who goes by his adoptive name Phillip Witcomb, and lives in a Mallorcan finca.
His notorious drug lord father became one of the world’s richest men, controlling 80% of the global cocaine market, before he was shot in 1993.
“This really is one of the most extraordinary stories I have ever read,” said John Blake, director of Soho Friday Media, who lives just miles from Escobar junior’s house.
“Pablo Escobar’s life has already been the subject of the hit TV series Narcos and the best-selling book, Killing Pablo, but Roberto’s story is on a whole new level.
“The tales of murders, guns, drugs and billions of dollars are just extraordinary. We are hugely honoured to be publishing this book.”
Phillip Witcomb was born in 1965, a product of a ‘non-consensual’ encounter between a 16-year-old Escobar and Maria Luisa Sendoya, then 14.
He was placed into a Bogota orphanage before being adopted by British couple Patrick and Joan Witcomb – Patrick worked as a security advisor in Colombia.
As Phillip’s real father began his meteoric rise to power in the mid-1970s, Patrick packed Phillip off to boarding school in England.
Phillip only found out the true identity of his biological father in 1989, when Escobar’s rivals seeking his first-born son’s death required 24/7 surveillance.
He told the UK press last year he was writing a book about his life, now nearing publication.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43