A BRITISH holidaymaker has died after falling from the 15th floor of his apartment block in Benidorm.
Colin McGarry from Belfast, died at around 1.45 am on Sunday morning after plunging from the balcony of Torre Gerona in the ‘Little England’ area of the Costa Blanca resort.
The 48-year-old had arrived in Alicante on Friday with a group of friends.
A post-mortem is due to take place in Spain and local police are probing the incident, but have not released any information.
It is understood the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust is assisting the McGarry family in arranging to have Mr McGarry’s body brought home.?
The SDLP councillor for Oldpark, Paul McCusker, said his thoughts and prayers were with the McGarry family.
In a message posted on Facebook, he said: “Deepest sympathies to the McGarry family from the Oldpark on the tragic death of Colin who died while on holiday in Spain, a big gentleman.
“My thoughts and prayers are with his heartbroken family at this extremely difficult time.”
More to follow…
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43