A BRITISH expat has been arrested over the murder of an Irish tourist in a Costa del Sol pub.
The alleged killer, a 49-year-old man, living in Mijas, is thought to have stabbed his victim, 53, with a broken bottle.
The dead man, a father-of-two is believed to have been attacked in the men’s toilets of Pogs Old Irish Rock Pub in Fuengirola, according to the MailOnline.
The Irishman man and his partner had been pestered by the alleged killer, before the incident at 1:50am this morning, witnesses said.
One claimed that the victim was urinating at a urinal, when he was stabbed in the neck from behind with a broken bottle.
Witnesses added that the Irishman collapsed in a pool of blood, as the alleged killer was stopped by bouncers as he tried to flee.
A source told the MailOnline: “The suspected attacker showed no signs of emotion either immediately after his arrest or once he was in police cells.”
The alleged attacker carried two broken bottles, according to police, before wounding his victim several times, including in the neck
A police spokesperson said the man had taken ‘interest in several women inside the pub’ and was reported to have pestered them.
They added: “National Police officers have arrested a 49-year-old British man in Malaga in the early hours of this morning over his suspected involvement in the death of an Irishman aged 53 at a pub in the town.”
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08