A BRITISH teenager has been headbutted by a ram at the Terra Natura zoo in Benidorm suffering a shock that left her ‘up all night’ vomiting.
The girl, 16, said the male mouflon ‘charged’ her after the corn kernels she had purchased ran out.
She was left with a hefty swelling on her leg and had to go to the zoo’s medical centre for treatment.
“There was absolutely no one supervising the animals,” the girl’s mum, Jennifer Aitchinson, told the Olive Press.
“Imagine if my daughter had been a toddler?”
Terra Natura spokesman Roberto Cobollo confirmed the area – which features mouflons, goats and deer – was unsupervised.
“There is a warning sign urging parents to be vigilant with their children,” Cobollo added.
“One of the rams might push you, but if a complaint is made we will remove an animal.”
He said that goats and moufflons are removed from the area when in ‘rutting season’, between April and May.
He added that certain birds can also start pecking visitors when broody, for which the zoo takes ‘rigorous precautions’.
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04
- Driver confuses Barcelona’s ‘busiest’ Metro entrance with car park and goes bumper-first down staircase - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:17
- Woman killed after firework ‘shot into her mouth’ and exploded at Spanish festival - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:06