THE San Fermin bull run has seen a man gored in the neck and a teen bruise her spine.
Explosive images show daredevils cheat death as the bulls storm down the streets of Pamplona during the annual San Fermin festival.
Two US citizens, aged 23 and 46, are among those to be injured in this year’s events, one of whom was gored in the neck.
A 19-year-old Spanish woman from Gallipienzo, is also among at least three revellers to have been hospitalised from their injuries.
She is understood to have suffered spinal bruising and neck injuries, although is expected to be released from hospital soon.
Two more participants were treated in hospital for head trauma, while at least 48 others were attended to by Red Cross teams.
The first run was completed in a fairly speedy, 2 minutes 23 seconds, despite at least one of the bulls falling.
Further runs will take place every morning until Sunday, with the 850m route through Pamplona’s winding streets ending in the town’s bullring.
Each day six bulls and accompanying steers are released, before the animals take on matadors in public fights in the afternoon.
A total of 16 people have died during the celebrations, since records began in 1910, the last being Daniel Jimeno Romero, who was gored in the neck in 2009.
This year’s festival was also marked by widespread protests that saw dozens of PETA activists lie down in ‘chalk outlines’ to represent the crime scene of bulls being killed.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36