POLICE in Andalucia are investigating after an illegal zoo with ostriches, turtles and porcupines has been discovered.
Cops are looking into a group of seven people in Malaga, Sevilla and Cordoba, as well as Badajoz, Valencia, Zamora and Caparica (Portugal).
- British teen headbutted by ram at Terra Natura as parent complains petting zoo has ‘no supervision’
- ‘World’s saddest elephant’ dies in Spain’s Andalucia after 43 years in solitary confinement at zoo
- MAKE A KILLING: Andalucia zoo offering €350,000 contract for supplier of dead rats, mice and chicks
They are accused of illegally supplying exotic animals, which also include owls, cranes, ibis and other birds.
A Guardia Civil probe, named ‘Operation Illuminatis’, saw Seprona officers dismantle the zoo in Extremadura, which was visited by local schools.
It comes after cops found fake permits for at least 14 animals at facilities in Villafranca de los Barros in February.
After documentation relating to species’ origin were also missing, police then launched Operation Illuminatis.
The probe is part of a wider Guardia Civil operation named ‘Celacanto’, which has seen 203 people arrested and over 2,000 specimens of protected species seized.
Among the haul are 543 pieces of elephant tusks worth €400,000, turtle shells and animal skins.
Meanwhile 313 animals have been recovered alive, including those of Extremadura.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36