19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
1 min read

Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza

A THREE-year-old girl has been left in a critical state after swallowing a discarded ecstasy pill left in a Ibiza playground.

The toddler was on holidaying on Spain’s White Island with her mum and two sisters when she happened upon the tablet.

The incident took place in a children’s park in Santa Eulalia, a popular spot with British holidaymakers.

Guardia Civil believe the pill had been dropped by a drug user or dealer and the child mistook it for a sweet.

“She was on holiday in Ibiza, tests have confirmed it was an ecstasy tablet.

“Investigators are working on the theory someone had dropped it in the park and the little girl mistook it for a sweet,” explained a Guardia Civil spokesperson.

The Russian youngster was admitted to the island’s Can Misses Hospital but has now been airlifted to Mallorca given her critical condition.

Previous Story

IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier

Next Story

Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol

Latest from Lead

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press

Casino22

Expats in Spain Embrace Casino Entertainment with Growing AI Innovations

Spain’s expatriate community is finding new ways to enjoy casino
Revealed: The hottest property locations in Spain for British, German and other foreign buyer groups

Revealed: The hottest property locations in Spain for British, German and other foreign buyer groups

FOREIGN home buyers are continuing to eye up the bulk