29 May, 2023 @ 16:36
1 min read

Two men poisoned by carbon monoxide in wastewater tank in Spain’s Valencia’s area

Two Men Rescued After Being Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide In Wastewater Tank In Spain's Valencia's Area
Valencia Bombers image

FIREFIGHTERS rescued two men rendered unconscious by deadly carbon monoxide fumes at an Oliva business on Saturday.

An emergency call was made from a car wash company in the Ronda Rebollet area after the men got into trouble inside an underground wastewater tank at the front of the premises.

Fire crews from Gandia and Oliva took measurements of gases inside the tank which registered a high presence of carbon monoxide.

The entry point was narrow which made saving the men tricky but rescuers descended down the tank and placed oxygen masks on the victims before hoisting them out to get treatment from paramedics.

The toxic odourless gas causes numbness and paralysis before leading to unconsciousness and a possible cardiac arrest.

In Maestre, a couple and their two children, 15 and 17, were poisoned on Saturday by carbon dioxide seeping out of a refrigerator.

All four family members had mild poisoning symptoms and were treated at Bunyol Health Centre before being released.

READ MORE:

Partido Popular Grab Top City Prize In Municipal Election Gains Across Spain's Valencia And Northern Costa Blanca
Previous Story

Partido Popular grab top city prize in municipal election gains across Spain’s Valencia and northern Costa Blanca

Popular Party (pp) President, Alberto Nuñez Feijoo Votes During The 2023 Spanish Local Elections 28 May 2023
Next Story

PP obtains over 26% more councillors across all Andalucia while PSOE collapsed on May 28 elections 

Latest from Lead

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press