ALMOST 100 mothers have bared their breasts in public in celebration of World Breastfeeding Week 2010.
Mums and babies gathered together in Federico García Lorca Park in Granada in a bid to promote breastfeeding and show that woman can breastfeed their baby “whereever necessary.”
In recent years the number of women choosing to breastfeed their babies has fallen into decline.
The Mamilactancia Association, which organises the event, is not only keen to promote the health benefits, but appropriately the financial benefits of breastfeeding.
Said its president Candida Cabrera said: “There are significant benefits to both the child and mother, as it can help prevent breast and cervical cancer and osteoporosis.
“And it saves money,” she added.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00