- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
‘Stripped’ in her Marbella home
• THE HAPPY HOOKER: Xaviera Hollander will host Stripped from October 5-8
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By James Bryce
FOR most people in their 60s, it’s a time to sit back, put their feet up and enjoy a well-earned retirement.
And for those who choose to retire to the Costa del Sol, a chance to make the most of the glorious weather.
But for one so-called ‘pensioner’, the thought of settling down and leading a quiet life is a long way from her thoughts.
Xaviera Hollander, the famous madam who spent her earlier years at the forefront of the Sexual Revolution, is as busy as ever.
Besides running a bed & breakfast in Amsterdam, the former Penthouse columnist is now putting on theatre productions at her villa in Marbella.
One-woman show Stripped reveals what goes on behind the scenes in a strip club.
Former pole dancer Hannah Chalmers plays 12 different characters in the show, which portrays a world all too familiar to Hollander.
“It brought a tear and laughter to my face as it reminds me a lot of my younger years,” Hollander tells the Olive Press.
“It provides a fascinating look at the intriguing world of strippers.
“But it’s not a strip show,” she hastens to add.
“The show is sexy and naughty but it’s not shocking, it is revealing without revealing all.”
The prolific author, who counts The Happy Hooker among her 17 books, insists her productions help bring an extra dimension to life on the coast.
“People complain there is no culture on the Costa del Sol, but here I am offering a great show in my lovely villa.
“I have been going to Edinburgh Festival for 33 years and if I see a play that makes me feel emotionally attached, I know it’s right for my audience.
“I can’t do anything that makes me feel cold,” the 68-year-old explains.
“I do these shows every few months and I always try to include comedy.”
Hollander is set to hit the bright lights of Broadway next year, as The Happy Hooker is turned into a musical about her life.
A sure sign, if one were needed, that the world’s most famous madam ‘is far from retiring behind the geraniums’.
STRIPPED runs from October 5-8 at the Theatre Villa Caprice, Calle Pizarra 184, Rocio de Nagueles, Marbella.
Starts 9pm – 22.50 euros.
Call 952 857 575 or email [email protected] for tickets.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]