Who poisoned my pooch?

LAST UPDATED: 14 Apr, 2012 @ 06:51
4
SHARE
Who poisoned my pooch?

EXCLUSIVE by Eloise Horsfield

A PENSIONER is demanding action after his dog was ‘deliberately poisoned’.

Six-year-old Ozzie spent four days on a drip fighting for his life after eating a sausage roll that had been laced with insecticide or fertilizer.

David Watkins, 76, from Comares, woke to find the podenco so ill he was unable to stand.

“It was a horrendous sight,” said former sailor Watkins, originally from London.

“There was excrement and vomit everywhere, even on the kitchen table.”

Watkins soon found the culprit, a half-eaten sausage roll, which he took to his vet Carolina Guidotti Gonzalez at  the Axarquia Veterinary Clinic for analysis.

“There were definite signs of a toxic substance, possibly insecticide or fertilizer,” she confirmed.

While Ozzie has now made a full recovery, Watkins is determined to get to the bottom of what happened.

“We’re going to do whatever it takes to find out who did it,” he said, after paying a 114 euro vet bill.

“As soon as we get confirmation we’re going to the police and mayor.”

The incident comes just two months after the village awoke to find a worrying number of dead dogs and cats strewed around the town.

“They counted 22 bodies in total,” said Patricia King, who coordinated a petition to take to the town hall after the apparent mass poisoning.

“We will not tolerate this, nor will the police,” said a town hall spokesman, adding that owners needed to ensure pets were not running loose, and to file denuncias for individual cases.

4 COMMENTS

The Olive Press are not responsible and do not moderate individual comments before they are posted. Anyone who uses racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic language or hate speech will be blocked.

HAVE YOUR SAY...