- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spanish restaurant elBulli holds wine cellar auction
• The wine cellar at the famed restaurant
THE wine collection of Spain’s most famous restaurant is to be sold at auction next year.
More than 8,800 bottles from elBulli, the world-renowned eatery which closed last year, are expected to sell for €776,000, according to Sotheby’s.
Among the collection – which includes 2,000 bottles of Spanish wine – are three bottles of Domaine de la Romanee Conti 1990, which alone could fetch €37,000.
Other highlights include more than 400 bottles of Chateau de Beaucastel, six vintages of Vega Sicilia ‘Unico’ and full cases and magnums of Chateau Latour 2005.
Proceeds from the sale, which takes place in Hong Kong and New York in April, will go towards the elBulliFoundation, which is due to open in 2014.
Ferran Adria, the chef who headed the three-Michelin starred restaurant for 27 years described the wines as an ‘exceptional and unique collection’.
“We decided this very special and personal collection should be used to make a founding contribution to help ensure the successful launch of the elBulliFoundation,” he said.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
More British expats commit benefit fraud in Spain than in any other country…
Judge tells trio that jail sentences are 'inevitable' over €6.6 million scam…
Experts fear healthcare cuts could result in spiralling medical problems across Spain…