- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Cudeca founder Joan Hunt honoured
• Joan Hunt, founder of Cudeca
A ROUNDABOUT outside the Cudeca cancer hospice in Benalmádena is to be named after the charity’s founder and president, Joan Hunt OBE.
The tribute was approved at last week’s town council meeting, where health councillor Inmaculada Hernández described Mrs Hunt as ‘an exemplary citizen”’, highlighting her ‘humanity, her persistence and her work in aiding thousands of people in Málaga province’.
The news comes after Cudeca reported a loss of €400,000 due to the recession.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others