- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Children celebrate Chinese New Year
• British School of Marbella children
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Kathryn Richardson
A GIANT dragon and snake joined around 100 children at the British School of Marbella as part of their Chinese New Year celebrations.
Some of the older children made the brightly coloured animals and paraded them to the Foundation Stage children.
The pupils study Mandarin Chinese at the school and learned how to write in Chinese and make snake sock puppets as part of their Chinese New Year celebrations.
They finished the day with a Chinese feast.
Headmistress Sian Kirkham, said: “Celebrating events like this allows us to teach our children about cultural diversity and tolerance in a fun, creative way.
“Children, staff and parents had a fantastic time involved in a variety of activities including cooking Chinese snacks, painting Chinese characters and dragon dancing.”
2013 is the year of the snake which is considered the most dangerous of the 12 cyclic creatures.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]