- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spanish fiesta heads to Britain
February 23, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
February 23, 2013
La Cultura • 1 Comments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
BRITAIN is receiving a taste of Spanish party culture with the launch of the play Fiesta in London’s West End.
Based on Earnest Hemingway’s first novel, The Sun Also Rises, the passion fuelled production has been described as ‘an orgy of drinking’ by some critics.
The semi-autobiographical play follows an American writer immersing himself in the bullfighting culture of Pamplona, set to the backdrop of a live jazz band.
Along with his time spent in Pamplona, Hemingway was a frequent visitor to Andalucia, residing for some time in Ronda and Churriana.
Fiesta runs from now until March 2 at London’s Trafalgar Studios.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Match in Equatorial Guinea causes outrage…