- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Ticket to the States!
• Director Melissa Butler
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Kathryn Richardson
A BRAND new university is to open on the Costa del Sol.
The American College of Marbella will be offering the popular ‘2+2′ University Transfer Program
The accredited college will allow Spanish students to study American SAT tests, English language and TEFL courses for the first two years before completing their university degree in the US.
In total, the college opening in September, can enable students to earn up to 60 credits (approximately two years of university study).
“You have a lot of kids who have been moving around a lot and they don’t know what they want to study,” said founder Melissa Butler.
“We offer them the opportunity to do the first two years here and give them the time to work out what they want to do.”
The college on the Carretera de Istan will have seven classrooms and will cater for both Spanish and international students.
The school year will be split across two, 14-week semesters, at a fee of €12,000 a year.
An intensive eight-week English programme is also available.
Butler, whose father runs a similar college in Dubai, said she had already received quite a lot of applicants.
She added: “I am very excited. It’s hard work but I take it very seriously because you are talking about students’ futures.”
For more information visit www.acmarbella.es or call 682 602 639.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]