- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spain is healthiest country in EU
• People can expect to live longer in Spain
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
PEOPLE living in Spain are officially the healthiest in Europe.
According to the European League Table, comprised of data collected over a 20 year period by medical journal, Lancet, Spain is the healthiest place to live compared with 18 other countries in the EU.
Ranking number one for life expectancy, Spanish residents live for an average of 81.4 years-two years longer than people living in Britain.
They can also expect to enjoy up to 70.9 years of good health, compared with only 68.6 years of healthy life for the average Brit.
The UK was left lagging behind in 12th place behind Greece, Ireland and Germany.
A combination of factors has been attributed to the results including healthy eating, attitudes to drinking and a warmer climate.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past week.
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Take a look at the five most-read stories on the Olive Press website this week…