- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Crime rate drop in Andalucia
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE crime rate in Andalucia has apparently dropped despite the recession.
According to new statistics the number of crimes has dropped by 5.1% on the same three month period last year.
Petty crimes are down by 7.5% while more serious offences have decreased by 2.4%.
Cadiz province came out on top with an 8.3% drop in offences and Malaga came second with 7.5%.
Other areas which have seen less crime this year are Almeria, Jaen and Granada.
Nationally, the total number of recorded crimes dropped by 2.5% with a decrease in murders from 106 to 78.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]