- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Julio Iglesias tracks used as torture method
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE songs of Julio Iglesias were used to torture prisoners under General Pinochet’s Chilean dictatorship, it has been revealed.
Hits including Starry Night and El Amor were included on a special ‘torture soundtrack’, which also featured songs by The Beatles’ George Harrison, according to researchers at Manchester University.
The tracks would be played at intensely high volumes for days on end, with the otherwise popular songs being used to inflict psychological and physical damage on prisoners.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]