THE songs of Julio Iglesias were used to torture prisoners under General Pinochet’s Chilean dictatorship, it has been revealed.
Hits including Starry Night and El Amor were included on a special ‘torture soundtrack’, which also featured songs by The Beatles’ George Harrison, according to researchers at Manchester University.
The tracks would be played at intensely high volumes for days on end, with the otherwise popular songs being used to inflict psychological and physical damage on prisoners.
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10
- Football Crazy! - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 16:00
- Oh, Ambassador… you are spoiling us! - 10 Jun, 2018 @ 13:00