A MAN accused of torturing victims during the Franco-era has been found living a quiet life in Madrid.
Antonio Gonzalez Pacheco was known as ‘Billy the Kid’ for his habit of using a gun to beat
Witnesses told stories of how Pacheco would tell his victims how much he enjoyed hurting
His depraved actions continued after the war when he joined an anti-terrorism unit, helping to fight the Basque separatist group, Eta.
Settling down in Madrid he now works for a private security firm, where he is said to remain
employed to this day.
Last month Argentine judge Maria Romilda Servinie de Cubria called for his extradition,
along with three other alleged Franco henchmen.
While two of his co-accused are now dead, Pacheco and another former police officer, Jesus
Munecas Aguilar, could now be summoned by Spanish authorities.
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10
- Football Crazy! - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 16:00
- Oh, Ambassador… you are spoiling us! - 10 Jun, 2018 @ 13:00