BILL GATES has invested €113.5 million in Spanish construction firm Fomento de Constucciones y Contratas (FCC).
He is now the second-largest shareholder in the firm, with a 6% stake.
The firm made €11.15 billion in 2012. It wasn’t imune from the impact of the financial crisis, however, and earlier in the year it was forced to restructure $2 billion of debt.
It has operations in 56 countries, and is currently building the new Riyadh metro, which will be the world´s longest metro at 176 km, and Central America´s first subway in Panama.
Microsoft founder Gates recently reclaimed his crown as the world’s richest man with an estimated net worth of $73 billion.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40