IF the summer of 2013 is to be remembered for one thing, it will have to be for the misery and chaos at the Gibraltar border.
Observers predicted that all the fuss would die down by autumn, when the Spanish parliament resat and politicians in Madrid had more weighty issues to contemplate-
But they reckoned without the special talent that Gibraltar’s Chief Minister has for upsetting those in Madrid. Fabian Picardo’s speech at the UN in New York mentioned Spain’s ‘invasions’ of territorial waters and drew an outraged response from politicians.
There were even mutterings from certain quarters that they were going to ‘get’ Picardo. And after earlier Spanish press articles trying to find something amiss about Picardo’s financial history and property dealings Madrid seems to have found a new hate figure.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40