IKEA’S Spanish web servers crashed as 20,000 people applied for just 400 jobs at the Swedish furniture maker’s new Valencia store.
A back up which was installed also failed, as applicants tried to complete their applications to work at the new Alfafar store, which is due to open next year.
“The traffic we saw in the first two days was four times greater than any other job application process previously opened by Ikea in Spain,” said Rodrigo Sanchez, spokesman for Ikea.
The company has closed the site to new applicants until they find another solution.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40