MARBELLA police have arrested three men and one woman – all of French nationality – accused of kidnapping a mother to force a €50,000 ransom from her son.
The group, who were based in Algeciras, sent a female member to the house so she could gain access without raising suspicion.
After the female kidnapper got inside the other members of the gang arrived, taking a woman, 55, hostage.
The group then drove her to Estepona and demanded €50,000 from the son in ransom.
But police were waiting when the group arrived at a Marbella club to claim the money.
Three were arrested fleeing the scene, while the fourth was identified following a police raid on the gang’s Algeciras home.
Police have not released names, but the group are known to be French, with ages ranging from 18 to 35.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30