- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spanish nuns miss Pope’s New Year call
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
POPE FRANCIS was left bemused after a call he put in to a group of Cordoban nuns went to voicemail.
The pontif called the community of Carmelite nuns in Luccena at 11:45am on New Year’s eve to wish them happy new year.
But there was no reply at the convent, so he left them a message.
He said: “What are nuns doing that they can’t answer the phone?! I am Pope Francis, I wish to greet you in this end of the year, I will see if I can call you later. May God bless you!”
The once-thriving convent has dwindled to just five, three of which are Argentine like the pope.
He eventually managed to get a hold of them at 7:15 pm and convey his good wishes for the new year.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]