ONE of Britain’s most wanted criminals, who was thought to be on the run in Spain, has been arrested in Greater Manchester.
Lee Willis, 30, from Ashton-under-Lyne was detained in Bolton, police have confirmed.
In November, he was named as one of Britain’s 13 most wanted fugitives by the National Crime Agency.
He was due to be sentenced in court in June, after admitting possessing drugs, but failed to show up.
He had pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine and cannabis but fled prior to his sentencing at Minshull Street Crown Court and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
He was also accused of dealing cocaine and his profile was highlighted as part of Operation Captura, a project to track down criminals thought to be in Spain.
Police said he was due in court, the location of which is to be confirmed, on 24 January.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40