AN 85-year-old alleged paedophile has been arrested on the Costa del Sol after almost 30 years on the run.
Colin Brown, accused of abusing choir boys in the 1970s and 80s, was detained in Benalmadena on a European Arrest Warrant.
Brown is thought to have been part of a historic paedophile ring which committed various sexual offences on choir boys in London between the ages of six and 14.
A UK police investigation had managed to locate every member of the ring except Brown, until now.
The Spanish National Police said in a statement: “Last year Interpol came across a man whose personal details conceded with the fugitive’s in Spain.
“At that point UK authorities contacted Spain’s National Police to try to find out exactly where he was.”
Investigators previously thought that Brown could be dead.
A Malaga police spokesman confirmed the suspect was arrested at his home in Benalmadena.
He is now facing an extradition hearing in Madrid.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44