A SPANISH Roman Catholic priest has become an internet sensation, for his sevillanas skills.
Jose Planas Moreno – otherwise known as Father Pepe – has drawn drones of female worshippers desperate to have a boogie in the nave.
The 66-year-old’s energy is contagious, as he whirls his congregation around the aisles of the Nuestra Senora del Carmen church in Campanilla, near Malaga.
“Something happens when I dance,” said the nimble-footed priest. “I love it. It brings me closer to God.”
Moreno even danced for the late Pope John Paul II at the Vatican in 1997, and since the video was put on Youtube he has had more than 15,000 views.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05