GUARDIA Civil officers investigating a domestic incident in Nerja had a narrow escape when a former US Marine allegedly hurled a 50-inch television at them.
Neighbours reported screams coming from the property and that the 33-year-old man – identified as BRL – had allegedly struck his pregnant wife.
When the officers asked the ex-soldier to open the door, he appeared on the balcony and threw the television at the officers, causing minor injuries to one.
A Torrox judge placed a restraining order on BRL, applying to both his partner and their home.
The ruling comes as a small, but important victory amid an upsurge in domestic violence in Spain.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05