AFTER swimmer Francis Mauro won Gibraltar’s first-ever Olympic medal at the Special Olympics last week, athletes from the Rock went on to win 30 additional medals at the competition.
The windfall included gold medals in open water swimming and bowling.
The 2015 Special Olympics concluded yesterday in Los Angeles, USA.
While Gibraltar is not permitted to field competitors during the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, Gibraltarian athletes are eligible to compete for Team Great Britain.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00