THE air we breathe is one of the few things that unites us.
So this month’s eye-opening WHO report into global air standards should be heeded urgently by the authorities.
The facts are simple. Air quality is of great concern and we need to work harder to clean it up.
While plenty of places in Italy and Poland have worse results, it is not a badge of honour that Andalucia has some of the most polluted towns in Spain.
Sure, windblown dust from Africa is hard to avoid, but local factors such as the San Roque refinery, can be dealt with. And must be urgently.
For 10 years, the Olive Press has been reporting on Andalucia’s key environmental issues.
Now we have concrete proof of something that can really kill us.
It is time to act and not blow the issue into a corner.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01