POLICE are awaiting the results of an autopsy after two tourists were found dead on a luxury yacht.
A 28-year-old Italian woman and a 46-year-old Russian man were found dead inside the floating 12-metre-long yacht in the port of Roses in Catalonia on Sunday.
Anonymous police sources say a ‘huge’ amount of drugs, alcohol and sex toys were also found on board.
A police spokeswoman said: “No signs of violence were detected. We are waiting for the results of the autopsy to determine the cause of death.”
The town’s mayor Montserrat Mindan confirmed the yacht had docked up on Saturday before the pair dined in a local restaurant.
At 6pm on Sunday, a port employee had gone to advise the pair that a better mooring was available, but when no one answered he looked through the window and saw a dead body on the floor.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35