IN a unique experiment, operatic singing legend Juan Diego Florez had his brain scanned as he was fed food created by culinary masterchef Ferran Adria.
The scientific endeavour took place in the BulliLab of Barcelona, ??where Adrià has his headquarters.
The experiment saw the pair adorn specialist headgear that can measure the brain’s neurological reactions to emotions felt.
Florez tried seven of Adria’s creations while Ferran listened to the tenor interpret six songs.
Florez was told to close his eyes and relax as the mechanisms surrounding his head scanned his brain’s responses and a polygraph measured his galvanic skin reaction.
He was fed the ‘miniairbag’ ham bull, Neguiri with lime sauce, razor clams with Umeboshi sauce, pink grapefruit with ginger and oysters with gazpacho sauce and kumquat.
Ferran was wired up while listening to Juan play emotive songs like the Italian classic O Sole Mio.
“It’s as special as when Miguel Barcelo began painting at elBulli or when Robert De Niro came,” he said.
“We are fortunate to live such incredible experiences.”
The experiment was conducted by Telefonica, the telecommunications giant the pair are both ambassadors for.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03