A €3,000 bounty to ‘slice up’ convicted killer Dave Mahon has been accepted by his fellow inmates.
The 45-year-old has only served a month of his seven-year sentence for the manslaughter of his partner’s son, Dean Fitzpatrick.
But bosses at the Mountjoy Prison in Dublin are now keeping Mahon locked in his cell for 22 hours a day, noting a ‘very serious and credible threat’ to his safety.
Sources have revealed a group of inmates from Dublin’s Darndale and Coolock areas have accepted the money offer to ‘slice up’ Mahon, which is reported to have come from a northside gang.
“Mahon is under serious threat and money has been offered to slice him up and give him a severe hiding,” a source revealed.
“He is aware of the threat and it is being treated as very credible by prison staff in Mountjoy. There are a number of fellows who are determined to get him. He is in very serious bother.
“Mahon is hated by a number of criminal factions in the jail, especially because of how he killed Dean Fitzpatrick,” the source added.
Father-of-one Dean, 23, was the older brother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, who disappeared from Spain in 2008.
Since returning to jail after leaving for a hip operation, the threats against Mahon are said to have intensified.
Mahon, who is eager for a transfer, has been placed under a special protection regime, meaning he can only leave his cell for two hours per day.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23