A NEW poll has shown that Europeans want Britain to be punished in the Brexit negotiations.
While an Ipsos Mori survey of people from 16 different countries found that 49% of Brits were sad about their departure from the EU, some of their closest neighbours are hoping to serve them their ‘comeuppance’.
The French were the least upset by the divorce with only 25% saying they were sad to see Britain leave.
But to add insult to injury, they had the most amount of people who think the UK should be given an ‘unfavourable’ Brexit deal, with 39% believing it will discourage other exits.
Belgians came a close second with 34%, while 30% of Spaniards and 28% of Italians also believe Britain should be punished.
Some 43% of Italians are ready to boycott British goods, the most inclined to do so, followed by the Spanish with 37% and Germans on 33%.
Some 56% of Brits said the UK should be given a favourable deal.
Adults aged under 65 were quizzed online in Belgium, France, Britain, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Sweden.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15