SPANISH police are to search for the body of a missing British mother after receiving confirmation of a ‘violent episode’ with her boyfriend.
Specialists will use ground-penetrating radar and underwater electronic equipment in a bid to locate the body of Lisa brown, 32, who disappeared from her home in Guadiaro, near Gibraltar, last November.
Her boyfriend Simon Corner, 34, has since been held on suspicion of killing her after he was detained in Denmark and extradited to Spain in April of this year.
The new search has been inspired by Madrid-based forensic specialists who analysed DNA found in bloodstains at Lisa’s home.
The results confirmed that a violent incident between the couple had taken place there.
DNA found on Lisa’s car, which Corner used, also came back with positive results.
The team are now trying to analyse data from three mobile phones which Corner was seen chucking into a harbour in Copenhagen earlier this year.
It was thought the information they held was destroyed, but a source has revealed the data on them has been recovered.
The source said: “The phones had been in the water for several hours by the time they were recovered and officers feared they had been rendered worthless.”
“But police specialists have been able to recover all the information on both the SIM cards and the handsets.
“Investigators are about to start analysing the material and are hopeful it will prove useful in the search for Lisa and the efforts to make sure those behind her disappearance face justice and punishment if proven guilty.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15