It comes after 15 pet dogs have been killed by a ‘toxic substance’ in La Campana this week.
The poison has been discovered in Parque La Futura, a popular children’s play area.
Police closed off the park after poison was discovered around some of the columns in the children’s swings and climbing frames.
The poison has also just been found around the Eucalyptus park in Marbella’s San Pedro de Alcantara.
The dogs have all perished within hours of coming into contact with the substance, even sniffing it can cause death.
Parents are being warned to be extra vigilant of their children playing in parks.
Policia Local and SEPRONA are now investigating.
The dogs become disorientated and symptoms include violent diarrohea and vomiting.
Dog owners should take their pet to the vet immediately at the first sign of symptoms.
At least three are believed to have been taken to vets in San Pedro this morning.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16