THE port of Cadiz has been dwarfed by one of the world’s biggest cruise ships this week.
Boasting 11 restaurants, two of the longest zip lines at sea and even a water park, the MSC Seaview is an enormous 323 metres long and weighs a staggering 154,000 tonnes.
Able to take 5,119 passengers, the MSC Seaview is build for luxury and the warm waters of the Mediterranean, and made its maiden voyage in June.
It is the first time the mammoth cruise liner, which is the latest edition to the MSC Cruises fleet and the 16th largest in the world, has stopped over in Cadiz.
Fernando Pacheco, general director of MSC Cruises in Spain said: “The company is very happy to be able to return to the port of Cadiz and continue our commitment to the city of Cadiz, in which in 2018 we have increased our number of stopovers by 43%.”
Giussepe Galano, the ship’s captain, held a special ceremony for the Port Authority of Cadiz and the council, to honour the city for its open and welcoming attitude to tourists.
The MSC Seaview came into Cadiz with 4,000 passengers aboard and it now travels to Brazil for the winter, where waters will be warmer.
- British teen makes history in Spain’s Andalucia by being first girl to finish under par in prestigious tournament - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 17:00
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40