THE former chief of the Policia Local in Marbella has been arrested for the third time in 2006 – this time over in connection with the sale of stolen vehicles at council auction.
Rafael del Pozo was arrested at his home in the Costa del Sol resort on December 12 on suspicion of bribery and fraud. Police believe he is part of the gang, which mainly consisted of local police officers and council workers, who falsified the documents of top of the range stolen cars before selling them to unsuspecting buyers at municipal auction. More than 400 cars are believed to have been sold on this way.
Judge Miguel Angel Torres ordered the arrest after suspicion was raised that the Mercedes car del Pozo uses was, itself, stolen. The lawyer of del Pozo denies the allegations. He claims his client has the paperwork to prove his ownership of the car.
Del Pozo was arrested in March and June this year in connection with Operation Malaya – a huge scale crackdown on town planning corruption in Marbella that has seen more than 60 people arrested.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00