HAVING become rather partial to the food at Cantueso hotel and restaurant in Periana, Ginge was anything but pleased when he was rehoused on the coast in Caleta.
After living the life of Riley for years befriending the guests and living off the generous scraps they offered, he had got rather overweight.
So eventually the hotel found him a new home in La Caleta, near Torre del Mar, some 35 kilometres away.
“But within just 24 hours he had made it back,” explained owner Nicky Scott. “Motorways, lakes and rivers can be easily taken in his stride.”
She continued: “He is so friendly and was so popular with our guests that he was becoming overweight.
“He will make a loving companion although precautions will have to be made in the first instance, because he is reluctant to leave.”
She added that he had been “sorted out” by the vet.
If anyone can help please call Nicky on 699 946 213.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00