It’s nice to know that celebrities look forward to holidays just like the rest of us.
After clinching his second Wimbledon title against Czech Thomas Berdych, Rafael Nadal is excited for his summer holidays in Mallorca.
The world’s top-ranked tennis star will spend all of August relaxing on the island that is both his home and his ideal holiday escape.
Nadal spoke to the BBC after somersaulting across the grass court in celebration of his victory, and listed his top priorities as “beach, fishing, golf, friends, party and Mallorca.”
“I have a completely normal life there…I go to the supermarket, I go to a party…I am happy to pose for the odd photo but generally I just relax,” said Nadal.
Nadal will certainly be doing many of these completely normal activities with his childhood sweetheart Xisca, who was at the match Sunday supporting her boyfriend.
Read more here from the Olive Press about Xisca, the local Mallorca ‘beauty’ who is essential to keeping the ‘beast’ of Nadal grounded.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58