By Dale Nottingham
THE true heart and soul of Marbella is to be found in the charming old cobblestone alleys that criss-cross the city’s picturesque Old Town or Casco Historico.
Here, you will uncover a treasure trove of boutiques, bars, cafes and restaurants. And after a gruelling day’s shopping and sightseeing, the Old Town is also the perfect place to spend the night. Arguably the most prestigious accommodation in the Old Town – or anywhere in Marbella, for that matter – comes courtesy of the exquisite Hotel Claude.
This luxury hotel sited in a meticulously restored and discreetly sumptuous 17th century mansion townhouse in the heart of the Old Town, is the epitome of style.
Here, German/Spanish sister and brother team Desiree and Franz have crafted a haven of refined elegance and understated luxury, after stints working as traders in the City of London… yes, both of them!
Franz still goes backwards and forwards from London, leaving Desiree to run the show on a daily basis, while also launching an acting career.
Somewhat less opulent but equally enchanting is the delightfully named La Morada Mas Hermosa, senora Paloma’s little gem of a boutique hotel located in the calle Montebros. The seven themed rooms reveal an impressive attention to detail and Paloma’s renowned breakfast is not to be missed.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00