By Nicola Cowell
A STRUGGLING builder has had to cancel his summer holiday after thieves stole almost all of his equipment.
Patrick Crosby of PKC Construction returned to the house where his team was working in Alcaudete, Jaen, to find that 75 per cent of his tools had been taken.
Expensive equipment including a pneumatic drill, a chainsaw, ladders, spirit levels and other smaller tools were stolen.
Thieves also stole camping equipment belonging to the owners of the house, which is near the hamlet of Noguerones.
The company – which is insured for building, but not theft – is offering a reward to anyone with information about the theft.
Crosby said: “I’m upset and annoyed and I haven’t been able to sleep very well.
“This is the last thing I expected to happen in this rural area of Spain and we have had to cancel our holidays to the coast.”
Most of the tools can be clearly recognised as belonging to the company as they are marked with green spraypaint and company logos.
Anyone with information can call Patrick on 606058700
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00