By Nicola Cowell
A STRUGGLING builder has had to cancel his summer holiday after thieves stole almost all of his equipment.
Patrick Crosby of PKC Construction returned to the house where his team was working in Alcaudete, Jaen, to find that 75 per cent of his tools had been taken.
Expensive equipment including a pneumatic drill, a chainsaw, ladders, spirit levels and other smaller tools were stolen.
Thieves also stole camping equipment belonging to the owners of the house, which is near the hamlet of Noguerones.
The company – which is insured for building, but not theft – is offering a reward to anyone with information about the theft.
Crosby said: “I’m upset and annoyed and I haven’t been able to sleep very well.
“This is the last thing I expected to happen in this rural area of Spain and we have had to cancel our holidays to the coast.”
Most of the tools can be clearly recognised as belonging to the company as they are marked with green spraypaint and company logos.
Anyone with information can call Patrick on 606058700
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00