By Wendy Williams
A MAN who tortured a puppy and cut off its ears and tail is facing prison.
The Spaniard from Badajoz also cut the nose off tiny ‘Fito’, who miraculously survived the ordeal.
Fito and his brother, who tragically died, were discovered in a bin in Badajoz in 2009.
Last week police arrested a middle-aged man following complaints from animal protection organization ADANA.
The accused admitted the crime and confessed to other animal abuse.
He now faces a prison sentence following a recent legal change that makes animal abuse punishable under criminal law.
Police believe he may also be connected to another man – also from Badajoz – who released a step-by-step video on the internet of him torturing and killing a puppy.
A global search was launched to find the man, who has threatened to torture and kill another 94 dogs.
Several animal rights groups have come together to offer a reward of 6,000 euros for any information that leads to the man’s arrest.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02