By James Bryce
THE chief suspect in the brutal murder of a family of four could be living in Gib.
Anxiang Du, 52, is being hunted by police after his former business partner was stabbed to death with his wife and two children in their UK home earlier this year.
The alleged sighting came to light following an appeal on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme last week.
“Police have had an unconfirmed sighting of him in Gibraltar,” revealed presenter Kirsty Young.
The sighting is one of 300 currently being investigated by detectives in the UK, who believe Du may have fled the country before he became a suspect.
Ding – whose business relationship with Du ended after a dispute – was killed along with her partner Jeff and children Nancy, 18, and Alice, 12, on the day of the Royal Wedding in Northampton.
He ran a Chinese herbal medicine shop in Birmingham with his victim, while living nearby in Coventry.
Crimestoppers have offered a £10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone in Gibraltar with information should phone the Royal Gibraltar Police on 200 72500.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46