EXCLUSIVE by Wendy Williams
A NOTORIOUS Costa conman has finally gone home.
After years of defrauding people on the Costa del Sol, The Olive Press can reveal that disgraced gardener Alwyn Funke is back in his native Surrey.
Funke, who we exposed as having tricked countless victims into paying money for landscape gardening he never did, has returned to Guildford.
But his past is still catching up with him, after he was asked to leave the Royal Oak pub on the outskirts of the town, where he had been staying.
“He was told to leave when the owner found out more about him, but he is still around,” a source told the Olive Press.
“He originally told everyone he had come back because of ill health and that he had had a stroke or something but he seemed alright to me.
“He was also talking about a gardening project, chatting to everyone and drinking wine as he does.”
Funke previously ran a gardening business in Guildford until he was struck off as a company director for 12 years.
The Flower House Group racked up debts of nearly two million euros and when struck off had 10 insolvent companies, with he and partner Alexe Meddings accused of misappropriating funds, misusing bank accounts and failing to do proper accounting.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10