A BRITISH man has been killed in a cave house fire in Baza.
Father-of-two James Timothy Okeefe, known as Tim, 56, was found dead in the cave where he lived in the El Perchel neighbourhood.
According to officials the part-time artist and handyman died from carbon monoxide inhalation after a couch caught fire, filling the cave with smoke.
His body was found two days later when his long-term partner Janet returned home and found the interior of the cave burnt.
“Tim was a very jolly chap,” said Su Hore, who owns a holiday cave next door.
“Trips to Baza will not be the same for my family without him.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02