BRITISH rock legend Rick Parfitt has admitted he thought there was something ‘not right’ about Jimmy Savile.
The 64-year-old Status Quo guitarist, who lives in Alhaurin, appeared 106 times on Top of the Pops, including many times while Savile – now exposed as a dangerous paedophile – presented the show.
When asked whether he was surprised by the revelations against Savile, Parfitt said: “No, because a lot of us, like everybody else, we all kind of knew.
“We were all kind of suspicious of Jimmy Savile.
“We all felt, ‘there’s something not right there’.
“But we didn’t know what, and it was kind of in the back of our minds.
“But you could never quite suss him out.”
He adds: “There were loads of little birds about at Top of the Pops, of course there were.
“What used to happen upstairs in the upper echelons where Savile and the other DJs were – well, I never, ever knew where their dressing rooms were.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10