By Kathryn Richardson
TRAGEDY struck Gibraltar yesterday after a couple died in a motorbike accident.
Off-duty police officers, Jenzen Santos, 42, and Josephine Guiling, 34, were enjoying a day out with friends when the motorbike they were travelling on had a blow-out and collided with an oncoming lorry.
Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple both served with the Royal Gibraltar Police and had five children between them.
A Gibraltar government spokesman said: “It’s a real tragedy and has upset many people. We really feel for the children.”
The accident happened on the most dangerous road in Malaga Province between Ronda and San Pedro de Alcantara.
Their funeral will take place in St Theresa’s Church at 3pm today.
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00