A BRITISH holidaymaker was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after plunging 70 feet from his balcony in Mallorca.
Sean Kelly, 24, was thought to be climbing from one balcony to another on the seventh floor of the hotel in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
The man was taken to Son Espases hospital where his condition was described as ‘serious but stable’.
Every year, several young Brits are killed or seriously injured in what has been dubbed ‘balconying’. This involves climbing, scrambling or swinging from one balcony to another, or even attempting to just from a balcony into the hotel pool.
In Magaluf alone, four Britons were killed in falls from hotel balconies last year.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02